Friday, December 5, 2008

Winter bunnies

Ah, it has been a heck of a long time since I've been able to do anything with my website or blog. I'm so sorry. Bunny happenings have been very slow here, no breedings or anything of the like. The bunnies on my sale page, well the little broken doe is living with my friend and the others..well are either sold or ended up staying here anyways. Mabel is my baby of course now, I adore her. She's just soo darn cute!

Anyhow, back to rabbitry stuff. Since molting season is pretty much over I've been powerwashing the cages each day. It is a little too cold for it and it takes me about an hour a stack to really clean them well but it needs to be done.

I've been weaning some juniors and trying to go over some of the others and see if there are any I can part with. I came up with one to find a new home for today and another I'm edgy on. Both junior bucks. Very cute.

First up is the little guy I'm undecided about. He's a small little buck but I think he has quite a bit of potential if I'm right about him. His head is developing a little slowly, which might be part of my reasoning for maybe letting him go. Although I'm not sure yet, if you may be interested in him, let me know (might help sway me anyways! hehe).


He's overall a nicely balanced boy for being so small. A cute little solid tortoiseshell. His head I think will widen quite a bit with age, so that's not really a worry of mine. His bone is good and his shoulder short, although maybe his headset is a tad tiny low. He's Saynora, FRR and Pitney bloodlines.. a good mix of the countries top completing lines.


He's just finishing up his junior/fall molt, so his coat looks a little rough on the side. Yikes..sorry about that. I just wanted to get his photo's today but you can see below near his shoulder his molting fuzz. hehe. On the plus side he has a nice thick coat too boot.


Second up is the guy I will be posting as available (he is available if you read this and like him, email me, as it may take a couple of days before I get to my website updates). He is ready to go now.

He is an adorable broken tortoiseshell. His dam was from Saynora rabbitry and his sire is FRR and Pitney lines from a rabbitry in WA. Cute cross of top bloodlines in the country. He is available as a pet only to an indoor loving home of course. He is not available a a breeding buck, I'd like him to go to a wonderful home to be spoiled.


He's very well balanced and a beautiful bunny. His head is just starting to come in, and as you can see in the middle photo, it has wonderful shape and is just a fantastic bold and CUTE head. Overall great bone, good substance and cute as a button. He's a small buck, probably only going to mature at about three pounds. He's very inquisitive and loves to explore. He's friendly but a little shy when you first meet him, no worries though as he warms up quick and will jump all over you and hang out for some Cheerios's or applepuffs if you're willing to give in to him.


Other rabbitry news. I finally switched to ANOTHER feed, after three switches since the deadly Manna pro, I've finally settled for a while on one I like and helped create...still fine tuning and adding my own to it though. We'll see. The bunnies are doing better and several are back in condition, just some left to work on. The get to run in puppy pens and move around gaining muscle.

Lots of other bunny options and rabbitry ideas are spinning in my head of course, but time and funding will denote which if any of those get done..oh my.